Evil thrives in places that nourish its growth through apathy, ignorance, or willful blindness. We have a cancerous evil that continues to spread its deceptive propaganda with the help of its $1.2 billion dollar in taxpayer-enabling assets. Planned Parenthood’s latest Annual Report (for 2008) reveals how and why they are the nation’s largest abortion chain. Abortions, in their clinics alone, have increased by 18,698 in 2008 (324,008 abortions in 2008 versus 305,310 in 2007). Prenatal care has decreased (as it continues to every year) from 10,914 in ’07 to 9,433 in ’08. And adoption is put in its rightful place among the abortion business as a bottom priority, has decreased with a mere 2,405 adoption referrals (less than half of the previous year’s paltry 4,912 referrals). See the newly released Planned Parenthood Report for 2008 Services here: http://bit.ly/PPisPROabortion
As with all of their Annual Reports, they are inked in ambiguity. Here are some specifics the public, who funded $349.6 million in Annual Report for 2007 Services, should know:
- Know that all is fungible, which simply means that monies can be substituted or replaced.
- Why don’t we know, specifically, instead of by percentages of supposed services, what each facet of your not-for-profit business generates in revenue?
- How many of those tested for STIs are repeat customers?
- What requirements exist for a potential client to report their socio-economic status? Many Planned Parenthood clinics receive Title X funding and often patients can be anonymous or not reveal their true identity or socio-economic status.
- Since each year STI tests/treatments increase dramatically at your clinics, how would you gauge your “comprehensive sex education and awareness” rate in the community in which you are located?
- If, according to your 2008 Annual Report, your core medical service is contraception (which clearly increases every year, although it’s not evident how many of these are the same clients), and abortions are increasing in your clinics, and birth rates in the communities where you’re located are not decreasing, should you be considered successful in mitigating STD rates, pregnancy rates, and overall adoption of prevention practices?
I find it painfully ironic that the organization begun by eugenist and racist Margaret Sanger, who despised charities as that which perpetuated the dysgenic and ill-bred populations, is itself one of the biggest charity cases, bilking US taxpayers over $300 million every year. According to their 2007-2008 Annual Report, they made a profit of $85 million dollars. I guess welfare is only appropriate for those use it to destroy life and not those who are struggling, for a myriad of reasons, to make it through life.
There are thousands of federally-funded Title X and Title V clinics that offer the same services (and more) than Planned Parenthood. They don’t currently, by law, refer or offer abortion. But Planned Parenthood doesn’t want you to know that. They need to perpetuate the myth that they are the only ones who provide reproductive health care and that they actually care. They do care — about the money and their ever growing abortion business.
We need to starve the evil that is Planned Parenthood.
Ryan Scott Bomberger is an Emmy® Award-winning Creative Director and Co-Founder of The Radiance Foundation. He is currently working on launching a new media campaign to directly challenge Planned Parenthood.